Today consisted of...you guessed it...more cleaning! We worked on the basement today and it was an absolute mess with drywall tape and texture dust everywhere. Why did I say 5000 square feet was a good size of house?
We all headed over right before lunch (except Alyssa, she stayed behind to get caught up on her drivers log for her test tomorrow). After I got there and we got started, Tim asked where Alyssa was as he was going to work with her a little on parallel parking. I had to go home and get her and then I got the girls lunch on my way back. It's a very good thing it's only 3 miles.
After we got there the girls went to eating and I headed down to the basement to get going again. After a little while Tim took Alyssa to parallel park the car in the street. He said she did pretty well. I looked like I had completely grey hair by the time we got done cleaning and my clothes were all grey and white too. We finished everything, but the extra pantry, bedroom and wine cellar. There was stuff in there I wasn't sure what to keep and what to throw away and Tim didn't have time to help us go through it so we left it for another day, but did get some stuff cleaned up in those areas. When we were almost ready to go, the neighbor came out and asked if Tara could come over to play. Of course, we said yes (she had been waiting for them to come home all afternoon so she could go over). We were ready to go in the meantime and so left her there for Tim to bring home when he leaves.
The girls and I came home so Sammy could shower before she babysat tonight. I jumped in the shower after she was done and feel so much better. Those are the best kinds of showers....when you really feel the dirt washing all off you and you know you have worked hard! I still need to go to Walmart tonight to get more milk, coffee and dinner stuff. I am not sure what we are having yet, but will contemplate that as I finish getting ready to go. After I get home I need to make the weekly menu and do some planning for this week.
5 comments:
Wow, 5,000 sq ft! I can't imagine having that much room or cleaning that much house! We have 1500 with a family of seven.
HOpe all goes well for you tomorrow with your occupancy inspection.
Your house is truly lovely.
It's getting close...it will be so nice to be in your home. Wow - that's a whole lot of space. Will you need to go buy some new furniture?????
Diann, I couldn't understand when a friend moved to a larger house and found it to be too much to clean. When we moved here, I finally understood. I can do this, but I could not find motivation to clean even more space!
Wow! I am envious. 5000 square feet sounds just wonderful compared to our 1800. Don't suppose your husband would like to come to snowy Colorado and add on to our house?
Praying all continues to go well.
Debbie took the words right out of my mouth . . .Wow 5000 sq ft!! We built a home 5 years ago and it is 3300 sq ft. - we came from a 1400 sq ft home. When we finally moved in here we couldn't believe all the space we had. Now, five years later I told my husband we could of used at least another 1200 sq ft worth of space. Maybe the next house . . .
Post a Comment