Tuesday, March 20, 2007

St. Patrick's Day Dinner

Okay...okay, I am not as good as Emily, Kristine and others who take pictures of their food. I forgot until after we were done and, let me tell you, you didn't really want a picture of what was left.

We had our St. Patrick's Day celebration on Sunday because Tim was working Saturday and I didn't want to have corned beef and cabbage for just the girls and I. I did things a little different this St. Pat's Day and made a Whisky Glazed Corned Beef with a Sweet and Sour Cabbage, Smashed Red Potatoes and Irish Soda Bread with Bread Pudding for dessert. Everything turned out really good! Tim even said he thought the corned beef was better than normal. I will post recipes later. My in-laws came over for dinner (my f-i-l had gotten the corned beef and cabbage for us) and we had a nice evening. We did have pizza appetizers (with creme fraiche, gruyere, ham and caramelized onions...one of our new favorites) because what's corned beef and cabbage without pizza as an appetizer? Actually, they had not been over to share our new pizza oven treats since we moved so we had to have something made in there. I made a new pizza dough that turned out great and Tim said it was very easy to work with. It was white dough because my f-i-l doesn't really care for whole wheat too much, but I am going to see if I can tweak it along with some other ww recipes I have and make it whole wheat.

2 comments:

Kristine said...

#1 Dh is surely sorry he bought me the new camera. Whenever I bring it out after plating everything nicely, he grumbles and rolls his eyes. LOL.

#2 There was one night that I forgot to take a pic of something I made--so I took a picture of the dirty, leftover dishes! I think I have a problem . . .

Emily said...

Tonight I was trying a new recipe. I was about 10 minutes in to the recipe when I was like, "Oh my goodness! Where is my camera!!!!" LOL I think I have a problem too! :-)

Your meal sounded so good . . .along with the appetizer too!