I actually did get a couple of Easter pictures. I had to sing at all of our services that day (there were three, which doesn't compare to other church's six or so services, but I was tired) and didn't take many pictures. Fortunately, I had the forethought to have Good Friday dinner at my house (even though we sang at that service as well, but it was only once) instead of Easter brunch or dinner. We had my i-ls over for pizza before church and then all went to the service and my brother, his family, mom and her husband came over for dessert afterwards because my niece and nephew had track and baseball games until later. I made a really yummy chocolate tart (again forgot pictures) with whipped cream and strawberries on top. Sunday we went out to brunch after services and came home and had this little Easter egg hunt and snacked for dinner. It was nice to not be quite so busy on Easter day this year and I really enjoyed it much more as well as having a little time to contemplate what Easter really means.
Sammy and Tara dyed eggs without the other girls because they were helping at a wedding
All the girls with their baskets
Our Easter egg hunt....it was getting a little windy by then, but we had an unusually warm and beautiful Easter day
3 comments:
What a beautiful backdrop in the background for an Easter egg hunt!
I LOVE the scenery in the back of your pictures. I'm really anxious to go back through your blog and see how all the rooms in the house turned out!
Glad you made it through all of the services. This was the first year in 4 or 5 that dh and I didn't have to play for all 6 services... we only attended 1 (LOL).. didn't really feel like Easter without being there for ALL of the services.
What gorgeous views!
Dorothy
Post a Comment