Tim worked today so it was just more of a "day off" than a holiday. We worked a little more on "Project Weeding" and the girls even joined in for their hour. Of course, by the time they got around to doing their hour of weeding, I was done and on to my next task. I am not a good "heat" person so I get my weeding done early in the morning. They did a great job and with the rest of the week, we will be able to get enough done to help the yard look "decent" for the wedding.
I also worked on cleaning up our little patio out of the basement. Not that anyone will see it, it was just something I wanted to get done because trash and other stuff had blown down there. The family of the bride delivered the arch and "stages" for the wedding today and we put those where we want them. We are going to put astro turf in the "wedding stage area" under the stages. I think when we get it all done, it will be great! I am so not a visual person and am just trusting those who are that it will look awesome. I am sure that potted plants and twinkly lights will cover a multitude of non-landscaped areas.
This afternoon I worked on cleaning up the part of the basement that we will use for storing the wine, flowers before the wedding and the extra food that doesn't need refrigeration, but does need a cool space. I vacuumed all the concrete dust and cleaned up the junk down there and then mopped once. I definitely need to mop at least twice more tomorrow, but I need more mop heads because I am having to wash them in between each mopping.
Tim starts a four-day tomorrow (he will have four days off in a row) and will get to concentrate on whatever needs to be done at the house for the wedding. I need to finish cleaning the house by Wednesday so Thursday and Friday can be spent getting food, etc. ready. This wedding is definitely a "community effort" by a lot of people in our church community and I will have a lot of help Thursday-Saturday.
2 comments:
Glad you'll have lots of help! Have you posted many pictures of your yard? You've mentioned yard work several times.. I guess I'll have to go back and see if I can find pics of the outside of your new house. We have lots of weeding to do, too.. and several plants that died this winter.... our first winter with all of these new plants. I need to dig them up and take them back for a refund and I need to get out my ROUNDUP so I can start spraying the weeds as they emerge. You're in the last countdown now!
hehe enjoyed the picture of the detergent. Somehow I don't think that brand will catch on in the states :)
Very glad to read on SHS that your wedding went well! Congratulations!
Susan in Va
Post a Comment