Thursday, July 31, 2008

Happy Birthday, Jenna!

Tuesday was Jenna's birthday and it has been our tradition since the girls were little for me to take them to lunch. She decided she wanted to go to sushi and we went to one of the local casinos that has a sushi restaurant. We had edamame for an appetizer and then had our sushi rolls. I don't get to go to sushi very often and ths was really good! It didn't have too much rice in it (which is one complaint I have about sushi rolls....they have more rice than other fillings).


Afterwards, we went and saw "Mamma Mia". It was really cute and the music was fun, even though I am not a huge ABBA fan.


Tim was working so we are doing Jenna's birthday dinner later this week, but Jenna went to dinner with friends anyway so it worked out okay. Actually, it ended up that my annual "Pride and Prejudice" night was scheduled for that night so I got to go to that as well. A group of us have been getting together for at least 10 or more years to watch the A&E version of "Pride and Prejudice". We always have tea sandwiches, fruit, scones, as well as various other treats and then this year we had trifle for dessert. It started out that we were attending a local Shakespeare event, but it got too expensive at least 10 years ago so we switched it to "Pride and Prejudice". I forgot to take my camera, but I am hoping to get some pictures from the woman who hosted the event. She is originally from England and lived near where they filmed the mini-series so she has a lot of stories from around there. Her mother was there as well and so we got a lot of background. It was so much fun and it is really great to introduce someone new to the joy of "Pride and Prejudice" every year. This year about 14 women attended and several had never seen or read it so that was awesome.


3 comments:

Cynthia said...

Sounds like a fun evening. Regarding the Sushi. I had never been to a sushi place before last weekend. And.. I didn't eat sushi. I had teriyaki chicken - fully cooked (LOL)!

Kristine said...

Happy birthday, Jenna!!

(Most sushi is cooked!)

Very cool about the P&P party!

Kathy in WA said...

Diann - what a fun tradition! Do you watch the WHOLE thing? That's a lot of hours! :) Love P&P.