Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Answering a few questions--

I want to thank all of you who comment or anwer questions on my blog (or by email). I love the little "community" that has developed through blogging, especially with many of my email loopie friends. I appreciate all the support, prayers and just plain fun comments.

Cynthia--Yes, we love our AWANA group at the church. My girls have been involved since our church started it when Alyssa was in kindergarten (was that 12 years ago? my, how time flies).

If you can, I would keep the iPod, but I do understand that it is an expensive toy. I use it all the time while I weed, workout, clean the house, etc. I love reading, but I will never have enough time in my life to read all the books I will want to so I listen to all those books, sermons, etc. that I can. It certainly makes those mundane tasks go by more quickly.

Our seder was at the church. We have a couple that, I think, are Messianic Jews that attend the church and they have been organizing it for the last few years.

Menus are my key to sanity. I don't do well without a plan and tend to eat much less healthy without them.

Dorothy--I am so glad to be using our house for others, but my perfectionist nature has a hard time with it. It is good that Tim is much more "spur of the moment" than me and invites people over all the time. I've somewhat caught the spirit of it and am thoroughly enjoying it as well as inviting people over myself.

Kathy--Dh is a fire captain with the city and after dinner and chores are completed, they get to do "fun" things (kind of like how things should be at home). Dh usually takes the Xbox 360 to work (since we are all "hogging" the Wii at home at the moment) as do several other guys in the department and they connect them somehow and play on several TVs with two to four guys on a TV and have tournaments. We have been there when they are doing it and it is a blast!

3 comments:

Cynthia said...

Thanks for answering all of the questions.

Emily said...

I LOVE our blogging community too!

Romany said...

Diann,

I understand the perfectionist business. I would say that I'm a failed perfectionist, though. I can't even get that right. {g}

Dorothy