First, Sammy was going to a birthday party sleepover and we needed to get a gift for the party so we went to Bath and Bodyworks and got some bodywash and lotion. The girls got to try on light pink lip gloss and loved it! It was pink lemonade and, actually, smelled really good so I let them both get some. Then we went and picked Jenna up from school because she was the only one who could go with us because Alyssa was working that afternoon.
Next stop was the movies to see Shrek the Third. We rarely get to go to the movies(because it is so VERY expensive and we really love to watch movies at home). They just opened a new theater at the mall not far from us and I had heard the seats were really comfortable and I wanted to see how it was. We had a lot of fun and the movie was cute.
Then I took the girls and Jenna to dinner at BJs. They had Chicken Nuggets and Pizza (isn't that all kids' favorite fare?). I had fish tacos, which I had never had before there, and they were great! No, not very good for you because they were deep fried, but really good. For dessert we had a Pizzookie, which I didn't get pictures of, but should have. It is a big warm Pizza/Cookie with ice cream on top. So Yummy!
After dinner we ran over to Old Navy to get Jenna some flip flops (can't beat that 2 pair for $5 price)and then came home. The girls got in their pajamas and played and hung out until bedtime. Of course, they didn't want to go to sleep and Jenna had to tell them several times to go to sleep, but in general they did great. The next morning they got up at about 8am (early for Tara) and I made pancakes for them while they watched Charlotte's Web. Then Megan had to go home, but Jenna was babysitting she and her brother later on that evening and Tara was going to hang out with her later.
4 comments:
Sounds like a FINE DAY! Glad the sleep over went well.
I'm sorry but this sounds like a GREAT birthday. Can I have one just like this? A friend over for a slumber party, movie (nice comfy seats), dinner out, more movies at home, new flip flops, and so on. sounds perfect! :)
Looks like a fun night for Tara!
Yikes, I'll have to RUN dd to Old Navy for those flip flops! She loves the pair she bought there last year, plus she has a gift card. :)
We typically go to the $1.50 movies. The seats aren't fancy, but the place is never crowded--at least on school days! How funny that you took your camera into the theater!
Post a Comment