Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Happy Birthday to.......Me!

Today is my 44th birthday! It's been a super quiet day and I haven't done a lot, but that's okay. Tim got me my gift before he left (a TV for our bedroom) and the girls got me a pumpkin peel facial from our esthetician which I need to call and make an appointment for. My mom sent me this lei from Hawaii....


I got my phone call from Tim yesterday, but everyone else called me today. And, thanks, everyone! I appreciate it.

The tech did come to fix my computer this afternoon and ended up having to take it with him. We are probably going to have to wipe everything out and start from scratch, although we did save everything on an external hard drive before he took it. Hopefully, I will hear tomorrow and see if they can fix it. On a positive note, this will get rid of any junk I had on there and make my computer run faster....it's all about perspective, you know.

I had forgotten the other day to blog about my new bracelet. Sunday, at church, a friend of mine came up and gave me a little bag with this bracelet inside. In case you can't read it, it says "Keep my husband safe". Her dh went to the Middle East at the beginning of the year for four months and she had given this bracelet to all the wives of the guys who went so she knew when Tim went, she wanted to give one to me. It's so awesome to have great friends and support!


So, this afternoon we had more Halo 3. Actually, for those who know the game, Alyssa and Derek (the guy playing with her) finished the game. Now from what I understand, they ran through the last two levels without really killing anyone so I am not sure how much it really counts, but we did get to see the ending. Does this mean they won't play it anymore? Ha! This only means my girls will get to spend hours at the beginning of the game picking out their characters and uniforms to go with them. Sometimes that takes longer than actually playing the game! Boys tend to just want get started playing the game, but with girls....it's all about the wardrobe. LOL


Tonight I am still going out to dinner with our neighbors. Good thing I really haven't eaten much all day! I guess I had better go get ready because this is not really a "jeans" type place we are going. It's funny, I remember going out last year with them for our birthdays and it was unbearably hot. This year it is soooo much more pleasant. I love it when our temperatures run about 75-80 degrees! That's what I call great birthday weather!

4 comments:

Debbie said...

Happy belated Birthday, Diann!

Kristine said...

I don't know what Halo is, but even with ATV racing, Holly will change her outfit and bike colors before playing each time, lol.

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

Diann do you have a clue where your friend gets the bracelet? This would be very handy for a certain chaplain's wife I know to be able to purchase...maybe she makes them....ARGH...another project.

No clue about Halo.

Cynthia said...

That's a VERY KEWL bracelet. And, Happy birthday!