Speaking of computers....my laptop is still in being fixed. It's a motherboard problem and, of course, the computer is just a few weeks out of warranty. It will not be an cheap repair, but it is cheaper than buying a new computer. This means a couple more weeks without my computer and then I will have to spend time putting everything back on the computer. This does mean I start out "clean" again and won't have any junk on there to slow it down.
Sammy and I started out the week with going to the 49er game. Of course, Master Chief (from Halo...see previous post) had to go with us. He is our Mascot while Tim is gone and needs to experience all the things Tim would have been doing.
Sammy and I getting ready to leave
Master Chief...all buckled in and ready to go
The people whose house we visited just had a little of puppies (well, the people didn't, but their dog did) and Sammy wants one soooo badly so she took all kinds of pictures of them. They are Great Danes, which I know are giant dogs, but we do want a large dog when we get one. Sammy already has the one picked out that she wants. He has the same markings as his father and they are beautiful!
All the puppies
This is the puppy we like the best and, surprise...surprise, he just happens to be available
...although, Sammy would take all the puppies home if you let her
The puppies daddy...yes, he is HUGE
Sunday was spent all day at the game. Tailgating has really become an event for us with our own little community that we park near every time we go. We tailgate with Denise and Bruce (the people whose house we stayed at) and Brandon and whomever he brings to the game (Brandon works with Tim at the Fire Department and commutes the long trip to all the games too) and then we have all our other tailgating neighbors. To tailgate properly you have to get there between 8:00 and 8:30 in the morning for a 1:00pm game. "What do you do for 5 hours?", you might say. Well, it is amazing how fast the time flies by. We do eat some breakfast and have coffee, then we watch the early game on TV at 10am and visit and snack and then have lunch. Every single time, we are frantically cleaning up at 12:30 so we can get into the game on time. Because we have eaten, we don't buy any food in the game, usually. I just can't swallow paying so much for food that is just "okay", especially when we have GREAT tailgate food. After the game, we come back out and relax some more (and eat more) while we wait for traffic to clear up. We learned a long time ago that we would rather sit for a little while in the parking lot than sit in our car in traffic. The game this week was pretty sad....we lost, but, as I always say...."It's all about the tailgate!" That's fun no matter what happens in the game.
Denise and I ready for some tailgating fun
Sammy kicking back
Brandon blowing up an "18"...it was one of our tailgating neighbor's son's 18th birthday. We had cake and everything

Sammy, Me, Brandon and Denise....I took this with my phone and tried to email it to Tim, but he couldn't get the picture for some reason
Even Master Chief had some fun kicking back and tailgating
The Knuckleheads (a singing duo who make up fun 49er lyrics with popular song tunes) came by and sang a song especially for Tim
Sammy and I in the game
Sammy and I went back with Denise to their house and spent the night and then drove home Monday. We had a really fun weekend and had some good talking time all the way there and back.
6 comments:
What a fun time . . spending time with your daughter, friends and going to a NFL game! Fun Fun!
Looks like a great time, Diann.
I asked Mike about the connections to blogspot. He said their office computers went right to blog spot with no trouble and that it must be someone local who has set a perameter on the computer useage.
I don't know what Master Chief is, but he's HIDEOUS! Those ARE giant dogs, at first I thought it was Tara lying with the dad!
The tailgate parties sound like a lot of fun. Has Tim been able to view the blog yet? I sure hope so!
I'm glad I wasn't the only one who didn't know what Master Chief is.... an explanation, please? (LOL)
Funny how the puppy someone wants is always available! Gosh, they are cute. Post pics when you get it.
The tailgating looks like fun.
(Karen in VT from SHS)
Post a Comment