At about 8am I got a call from Tim and he was coming home...aaaaahgh! I hadn't finished wrapping gifts because I thought I would do that on Christmas Day while he was working and I had desserts and other foods to get started. We rushed around and I had the girls wrap all his and my in-laws gifts (they were coming over for dinner) and then quickly ready for the day and started on dinner stuff. He came home and gifts were wrapped and the mincemeat pie was in the oven. My dad always loved mincemeat pie for Thanksgiving and Christmas and I never did like it much until a few years ago when I learned to make my own mincemeat and Tim makes a great rum sauce to go on top.
We opened gifts and everyone was very happy with theirs even though we did a smaller Christmas this year. The girls got an HD DVD player that goes with the Xbox and an HD movie (Tim got one too) and big fuzzy down blankets. I have one of the blankets and they kept stealing mine so we got them each one of their own. They actually are only fuzzy on one side, but very warm and cozy and the girls are always saying they are cold and I refuse to turn the heater above 68 degrees. Tim got a leather 49er helmet that Jenna and Sammy are embarassed to have him wear, the DVD and the 5th season of 24. He got some stocking gifts too...two CDS, a game and a book. He got me two new 49er shirts, some tea and a digital picture frame (something I had wanted, but not expected). We are both getting new Pocket PC phones after Christmas when our contract is renewable so we didn't want to spend too much. Besides, I am getting a new house as well sometime soon.
The girls and their new blankets
Tim and his new helmet
After gifts we rushed around getting stuff ready for dinner. The prime rib was in the refrigerator at the new house and Tim had to go get that as well as get his Xbox (at the fire station) as the HD DVD player did something wierd with the other Xbox (yes, we have two of them...one for the girls and one for Tim to take to work). I got started on the dinner: cheesy cauliflower with bacon, scalloped potatoes with smoked gouda, popovers, and green salad. I also got the other pie made...pecan. My mom came over in the early afternoon and gave me stocking presents Santa had left at her house. Somehow, Santa always leaves her stocking presents at my house and mine at her house....hmmmmm. Tim met his mom and dad at the house in the afternoon as his mom hadn't seen it for a while. They came home and started the prime rib. It was already cooked and I had never done it this way so I left the job to Tim and his dad (they owned a meat market while Tim was growning up so they are good with cooking meat). Everything turned out great, although it was a little late because the prime rib took longer than expected. Fortunately everything I made was ready to go, I was just waiting for the meat so it wasn't even my fault this time. I am terrible about not getting things done on time.
After dinner we opened gifts with my in-laws. Tara got a few new outfits and sticker books and the rest of us got money. This is okay with me as I am also getting a GPS program to add on to my Pocket PC and the money will go towards that.
It was a really nice evening overall and we all crashed afterwards.
No comments:
Post a Comment