I started out with the best of intentions in moving. I wanted to sort through all of our stuff at the rental house and get rid of things to charity or by throwing them out. I had grandiose plans to label and organize everything so that when I moved all I would have to do is unpack. Well, my wonderful plans were thwarted when I was informed I had one less week than I had originally thought before we moved our furniture and all the big stuff. Then I happened to be talking to the people who were coming over to help us move and they told me we were moving furniture Saturday instead of Monday. Now, I know it was a misunderstanding, but let me tell you that God had fully orchestrated all of this because it snowed and was bad weather on Monday and Saturday was an absolutely beautiful day!...But I digress...when I found out we were moving about 10 days earlier than I had originally thought, we began to throw everything that we couldn't fit easily into boxes into Hefty Bags to just get them over to the new house (thank goodness it is only three miles away). We moved in the Saturday of President's Day weekend and spent our first night there February 17th. After three long years of planning and building, it was such an awesome feeling to spend that first night in the new house. Of course, we didn't get to bed until really late because we were putting beds together, etc. (BTW, thanks to all of you who gave me moving tips, I did use many of them...especially De'Etta's of having the kids have their stuff in a backpack for the first night) I also had to take a bath in my big new bathtub that first night and it was wonderful and sooo relaxing.
Now I am finding out that when your kids are older and you are moving (especially within the same city), they still have a lot of commitments and activities that they have to go to when you just would really like to focus on unpacking. Oh well....it is going to take much longer than I had originally thought to get the basics unpacked, but I am trying to do a little every day. A box (or Hefty Bag as it may be) at a time is my new motto.
We have a lot of work to do to finish the house as you can see, but I feel like I have my husband back and we get to be a family again.
Our living room...and Jenna taking a little nap on the couch
Our master bedroom
Looking into the kitchen...Jenna already had her piano books out and was practicing
Alyssa and Sammy's room...don't you love the "Hefty Bag" decor?
Jenna and Tara's room...this was my furniture when I was little. It is so wierd that my girls have it now
2 comments:
Hooray! You are moved in. I'm so excited to see the pictures of the new house. I LOVE the bright colors (including the blue). Off to read some more. :)
You must be so excited to be in your new home! I always LOVE moving. I love going through all of our stuff and only taking with us what we absolutly love. They say everyone she move at least once every 10 years :-)
Post a Comment