I am also very tired still and haven't slept great the last two nights because Tara fell asleep in our bed Saturday and Tim and I both felt like we were being beat up (she is such a bed hog) and last night Tim fell asleep on the couch and I kept getting up to coax him to bed and, since I can't carry him, it didn't work until he got up himself at 3am.
Jenna started finals today. She will have three half-days of school and be done. Alyssa takes her one final tomorrow and then has to work most of the summer to finish her work.
This is my new best friend. It is a portable swamp cooler. We don't have air conditioning in our house because it would have cost an extra $40,000 to duct it all and put in the air conditioning (we have radiant heat running through our floor and don't have any ducting). It has been getting a little warm lately and I am a weather wimp and don't like it too hot or cold so Tim got me this the other day so I would be more comfortable. He is such a great guy!
No, my blinds haven't come in yet for my big "french door" size windows and we got temporary shades until they do. You can see them behind the swamp cooler in all their beauty.
5 comments:
Whenever Holly's gone or has a friend over, Trev asks to sleep with us. Ugh, I always feel like I'm rejecting him, but he's not a baby anymore! We are perfectly happy with our "no man's land" hill in the middle of our bed!
Diann, I loved our swamp cooler in our old house. I appreciated being able to keep my windows open, and it kept the house wonderfully comfortable and cool.
We just put in central heat/air a few years ago when we put the addition on our house. It was definitely expensive, but we're so glad we did...especially this time of the year when it's not really warm enough to officially turn on the a/c, but the cotton is flying and having the windows all open would have us all sneezing.... so we turn on the a/c and leave the windows shut. We stil suffer from allergies, but not like we did when we had the windows open all the time.
How nice that they are sending someone over to clean your house!
I have finally caught up reading your blog. I have never seen or heard of a swamp cooler. How neat!
I've never heard of a swamp cooler either but I'm glad it's helping you!
We don't get kids in the bed too much anymore but if tristan shows up I don't sleep well. I don't seem to mind the dogs, they move if you shove them can't really shove your child. LOL
Post a Comment